Anxiety like I have never had before

Hi, I'm new to this site! So a little background info, I've always had very very mild social anxiety that lasts for about 10-20 minutes and it goes away. But for no particular reason at all, January 15 of this year I had an awful panic attack which I've never had before... I was so scared and wasn't sure what to do. Ive been experiencing extreme anxiety every day since then. I don't feel like myself anymore.. I'm constantly having negative thoughts and I cannot get rid of them. I don't get ready or put on make up anymore, I can hardly eat/sleep.. My grandmother thinks it may be a mental breakdown. I start zoloft 25mg this past Friday and this Friday I'm to up the dose to 50mg. I have an appointment with a psychologist in 2 days. I'm just wondering if this ever goes away?? If maybe its just a phase? I'm 21 years old, i work, in school, and in a relationship and have a great supportive family.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Yes it does go away you just need to learn how to deal with it. I keep myself busy and don't give time for my brain to start the negative thoughts etc. I do things I really enjoy, I learn new things just keep myself occupied. If it does kick in I have learned to tell myself it is just anxiety and it stops.

You can change it just try to be positive and do things with yourself.

You may also like...