dating with social anxiety?

I've been talking to this guy I met through a dating site for like over a month now, and I've been putting off meeting him because of my social anxiety. I was meant to meet him today and came up with some rubbish excuse about having to go into uni to sort stuff out. I do like him, and we text like all day everyday so I feel like I'd get alone with him and everything, but I just can't seem to get over the fear of meeting him in person. I don't want him to get bored of waiting around for me, or think i'm putting him off because I don't like him, and he seemed kind of annoyed when I cancelled today because I only told him like 30 minutes before we were meant to meet. Just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation, or how to stop worrying about this kind of stuff and deal with it better? thanks guys!

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm in the same boat. I'm talking to guy at the moment and we get on so well. I told him all my issues first I was very open with him as he was open with me. Just be open with him. Then hold your breath and do it!! That's what I do. Take the drive over to calm your self and syc your self up. Good luck, hope you meet him soon x

• Hiya, I would say let him know you have anxiety, otherwise he might think you're not bothered about meeting him. :) People appreciate honesty and often are honest in return. Good luck, take care of yourself. X

You may also like...