citalopram 40mg

hi,

ive been on citalopram 20mg for years. quite a lot of ill health over last few years and over last few months had noticed myself stopping doing things, eg going into town, I just wanted to stay inside. went docs yesterday with urine infection and told him how I felt, to be honest I feel useless, (ive always been one to help other people, but just cant be bothered at moment), that's awful I know, he put my citalopram up to 40mg and is arranging counselling. he also said if I don't improve, I will have to slowly come off citalopram and be without anything until he can start something knew.

I would love to hear from anyone who can offer advice how to cope, and make things better. my husband is excellent, ive two sons 36/30 who don't seem very supportive, I know they have their lives to live, but it hurts me.

sorry so long a post

wishing everyone with these horrible symptoms a better and happier future x

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Maybe there comes a point where you have to increase your meds,if youve had alot happening in your life you maybe need a boost,20mg is such a low dose so 40-50g is not that much either but taking that amount might be all you need,or ask your gp to try a different med maybe citalapram is not for you,im on amitriptyline and apparantly is the main one docs use,I was only on 30mg but recently felt my anxiety creeping in again&obviously experiencing all horrid symptoms that come with it,im upped to 40mg just under 2weeks ago and im improving slightly,just speak to your gp again&ask about maybe changing but before that try your current med at a higher dose!!maybe cbt therapy mite work for you too as it helped me 2 years ago,good luck and remember your not on your own.

• thank you. doctor has made arrangements to see me again, to see if citalopram is working or not.

glad your improving slightly. x

You may also like...