Anxiety advice

I have a girlfriend in China who badly wants me to visit and meet her parents. However I suffer with extreme anxiety and panic attacks and have trouble leaving the house, much less go and a 11+ hour flight twice (there and back). My sister thinks I can dope myself on strong medication for the trip. Is that possible at all? Any advice? Bearing in mind I went to London Wembley arena, had such a big anxiety attack that I was really unwell for a week, I couldn’t leave the house in months. That was back in 2008 and I still have a lot of difficulty leaving the house because of it.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • HI Suffolk x To me this one is really the test of mind over matter, if she really matters anxiety wont have to mind x Have you spoken to your gp?? Maybe thats the best place as there are some medications that could maybe help short term but I think long term some therapy could help x Sometimes when you have a major panic attack it can mean that you withdraw into the home, but remind yourself that when you did go to Wembley what truly was the worst that happened ? your still here so not the worst was it xxx Keep on telling yourself that its anxiety and it cannot hurt you and will not stop you x Hope you get where you need to be x Donver

You may also like...