Hug Clinic!: Today I was reminded of a... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

47,893 members49,206 posts

Hug Clinic!

Sad_Sausan
Sad_Sausan

Today I was reminded of a funny idea I had when I was in the military working in the medical field.

The idea was simple. A clinic you could walk into, at any time, when you feel like you need a hug!

As a man, I'm scared to admit that sometimes I just need a huge hug, to feel cared for. Words only go so far for some people.

19 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Virtual hugs!!

Sad_Sausan
Sad_Sausan in reply to Hidden

haha thank you! :)

A hug clinic would be amazing.

If only it was real!

It could be easily, I mean professional cuddlers exist so I don’t see how a hug clinic couldn’t exist too? Super cool idea:)

Honestly you're right. It could possibly be done as a personal practice, call it "Emotional Massage Therapy" or something. Might run into more speed bumps if its open to the public but I believe its possible.

Now I cant stop thinking about all the possibilities!! Thank you :)

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Sad_Sausan

Did you have a Medical job in the military? I'm medical too. I was a medic first and then a nurse. Thank you for your service. Are you still in? My son is a Marine. 😊

Sad_Sausan

I worked in the medical field in the air force, got out about 6 months ago :). Are you still working as a nurse? I have a crazy amount of respect for nurses, it takes a strong heart to do that job

Hidden

Yes. I work fulltime in surgery. Thank you. I love it. It's been 25 years now. What are you doing now?

Sad_Sausan

I have a job that pays well but is nowhere near what I want to do, yet. So right now I'm just working until I find my purpose in life.

Hidden

You will find it. Keep searching. You have it in you.

Hi there there's nothing. Wrong with needing a hug it can make a difference to someone they say laughter is the best medicine but a hug comes a close second! ((((hugs))))

Sad_Sausan
Sad_Sausan in reply to Celtic27

Haha very true!

Sad_Sausan sending you a "Huge Hug"

Hope that helps :) x

Sad_Sausan
Sad_Sausan in reply to Agora1

Are you sending it through the mail? Does it work like this?

- you hug the UPS person

- they drive to me

- I hug UPS person

Meanwhile the UPS person is slightly confused but also feels much better? :P

Agora1
Agora1 in reply to Sad_Sausan

Sorry, I only give virtual hugs dear man. :) x

Hugs across the miles. Seriously.

Sad_Sausan
Sad_Sausan in reply to charlee4

Thank you! 😁

That sounds like a good campaign name!! "Hugs Across The Miles"

Hidden
Hidden

It makes you more of a man to say you want a hug...I'm a huge hugger...do it to everyone...gives such a good feeling. Now wrap your arms around yourself, squeeze tight, that's me hugging you! Make it shine today!

Dump trucks of love, peace, light, joy & hugs!!!

You may also like...