Intrusive thoughts : Hello. Just... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
44,071 members45,751 posts

Intrusive thoughts

Strongest123
Strongest123

Hello. Just wanted to vent again of course. Woke up this morning with really bad negative thoughts. I was addressing them which I know gives them power. I had them so bad I did get a headache. I know I need to let the thoughts come and go but damn they can really take over. I’m trying to keep a little busy here at home. I can’t really go out due to my plantar fasciitis. So walking is out of the question. Any suggestions out there would help. Thank you. Blessings. Samson

6 Replies
oldestnewest

I have found meditation helps a lot with negative thoughts. An author, Geneen Roth, explained a very simple quick way to go about it and it was impactful. I read it in her book, Women Food and God. Negative thoughts are tourture. Good luck 💕

Thank you very much

Hidden
Hidden

How about music or reading, watch afeel good movie!!! Just some thoughts!! Wishing you peace!!! XXX

Strongest123
Strongest123
in reply to Hidden

Thank you

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Strongest123

My pleasure!!! XXX

Hi Strongest, I use the time to clean and organize dresser drawers. If I'm not up

to that, I get out the deck of cards and play Solitaire. You'd be surprised at how

addicting each game can become where you want to beat your last score. Before you know it a couple hours have passed and you forgot all about intrusive thoughts. :) x

You may also like...