Anxiety and Depression Support

Is a Nervous Breakdown related to Anxiety Disorder?

Q. I was just wondering.for the past 12 years or so (at least that's when the thought entered my.mind) I was always afraid I would be in an institution because I had lost what was left of my mind..I mean, suffering so much emotionally and mentally that I would just blow a fuse..just collapse on the inside.

I know I have anxiety began about 12 years ago...each year more trauma is added to this camel's back..I wonder if there's a mental hospital in my future. If there is, I hope I'm made WELL and not come out worse. (My prayer to God)

2 Replies

I have had two major breakdowns and one minor. In one I had to be hospitalized but the second one I had a stronger support system and didn’t go. This third one I’m having right now has been bad. But I’ve stayed out of the hospital so far.

It’s always possible to have a mental break, but that doesn’t mean that you will. If you stay within your treatment plan you have a very small change of being placed in a hospital.

If you are placed, they are not as bad as you think. A lot of calm and quiet and people who want you to get better.

I wish you all the best in your recovery process and hope you never experience a mental break.

1 like

hi, oh dear anxiety is such a game-player isn't it! it can make such a drama out of everything. you come across in your post as a sensible, thoughtful and intelligent person. yet you doubt yourself and the real choices you have. what has you so frightened? i hope you don't mind me asking and you certainly don't have to share if you aren't happy about it. i too have those darker days and know how supportive we can be to one another.

1 like

You may also like...