PTSD Support/Services in SoCal

PTSD Support/Services in SoCal

Hello

I am a newbie to this site and I need HELP!!! I am looking for resources in Orange County that provides/offers support for people suffering from PTSD. I am a victim of domestic violence. Currently I have no insurance coverage and am temporarily staying with a friend until I can get myself pulled together...which I am seriously wondering if it is possible.

I am not taking any meds at this time. Not sure if this is the best route because I am really struggling with depression and anxiety. I cannot sleep due to the night terrors.

I am a 55 year old female and I need a job too but I am not sure what I am even capable of handling at this point in time. I have a business degree and many years of experience in International Logistics. My past jobs have been so stressful that it made my conditions worse.

I would greatly appreciate any ideas and/or suggestions.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Www.joyfulheartfoundation.org.

hi there I'm nat from the UK I suffer badly from ptsd anxiety and depression. I've had a lot of traumas in my life you need a counselling organisation where you live and sweetie you seriously need medication it helps greatly I went without meds for years it glad I have them now as they take that edge off.it's the flashbacks I deal with a lot I get them all the time I try to block it out but I can't 😩 we are all here for mainly the same sort of thing maybe we could support each other.I'm so sorry you went through such a bad time I know how domestic violence affects you. Know this you a re not alone we are all here for you xx

Nat

• Hi Nat,

Thank you so much for your reply and support. I will check out joyfulheartfoundation. I really have been isolating myself too much. Trusting anyone right now is like leaping off the tallest skyscraper without any safety nets. I feel so, vulnerable and fragile. Part of the reason I am off meds is that one of my traumas occurred in a hospital at the order of a doctor who happens to also be my very own brother. So going to doctors triggers panic attacks and flashbacks of that event.

I really appreciate your compassion and I pray for your strength along this recovery journey as well.

xoxo

Evaile

• Hey

Try dialing 211 on your cell. Im in SoCal as well. They should be able to help you with whatever services you need. Also try calling 1 (800) 273-TALK.

• Thank you so much!!

You may also like...