Need tips on how to get better sleep

I've always had trouble sleeping ever since I can remember. It takes me forever to fall asleep because I can't calm my overactive mind. Once I do fall asleep, I'm restless and often wake up multiple times during the night. I always wake up feeling tired and my brain feels foggy. I'm only getting about 4 hours of sleep a night according to my Fitbit.

I've tried making a sleep schedule and sticking to it. I usually go to bed between 10:30pm and 11pm and I wake up at 6am for class/work. I usually take 6mg of melatonin 30 minutes before going to bed and I listen to an audiobook until I fall asleep. This seems to help me fall asleep quicker, but I still haven't figured out a way to stay asleep during the night.

Does anyone have any advice for getting a better quality sleep? I just want to wake up feeling well-rested for once.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Beats me. Let me know when you know.

• Same, I'm struggling with sleep 2.

• I emphasise with you as I also wake multiple times during the night. I don't think it's a problem as long as you can go straight back to sleep again.

You are doing all the right things by setting up a good bedtime routine so keep on with that. Maybe you need something a bit stronger to help you sleep better? If you find a solution could you let me know please.

You may also like...