my son is age 40. dx 1/2018 PSA 1250 extensive bone and lymph nodes. started on lupron, xgevia and 6 rounds of chemo.
good response psa down to 7 in June but now rising to 20.
not sure what to do next
can do zytiga and or r-223 or try to get into a trial with zytiga and a drug being tested that was good for breast cancer if you have a certain mutation. however need another biopsy with only a 25% chance of having the mutation.
did foundation testing in Feb and it showed no mutations
docs are at the u of Chicago and met Dr Hussain at Northwestern
worried about waiting a month for results with PSA Rising and not sure if he would qualify
going back to dr next week for the biopsy of we decide to go that way. thanks for any advice