Advanced Prostate Cancer
7,711 members7,966 posts

Holy Gator Blood

4 months ago I had a shot of Lupron ( 4 month) with a PSA of .29. Just got the LEF blood test reading.....Testosterone 107...Estradiol 58 pg/ml = High and Estradiol Sensitive <2.5 = Low...PSA <0.1....I also take Avodart and Arimidex .5 mg x3 per week...looks like I better drop the Arimidex to .5mg x1.....I am thinking Test 107 and PSA <0.1 is probably good....any of you experts have an opinion ? Amazing how Estradiol test and Estradiol Sensitive test can be so far apart. I wonder if I should cut back on the raw Alligator Liver recd by Dr. Nalakrats

Gus

14 Replies
oldestnewest

Certainly a T level of 107 in this countries labs is too high, I would have it rechecked ,maybe too much gator blood, Congratulations on the psa, You got this Gus.

Gus,

Looks like your E2 of 58 pg/mL is a false high. What could cause that?

I wouldn't take Arimidex at all with Lupron. Chances are that you need to use a low-dose E2 patch.

Your T of 107 ng/dL is much too high, according to studies. And yet your PSA looks good.

Thirteen years ago, my urologist told me: "You don't want to be an interesting case."

-Patrick

Patrick,

It was a 4 month Lupron shot administered 4 months ago. Maybe my T started to recover at 3 months and the Test of 107 reflects a rise from a previous castrate level. Now that T is recovering would .5mg Arimidex x1 per week allow E2 to recover. Also, I am not to confident in Labcorp. About 9 months ago they came back with T at 1100...my Onco hit the roof...thought I was taking TRT...a retest was done at came back at 350

Gus

Gus the 4 month shot is actually a 16 week shot which can be 3.5 months depending on the months, Sounds like you have good advice from Nal and Patrick.

When they say a Lupron shot is for a certain length of time, it can actually vary greatly depending on weight, metabolism, etc. A 4 month/16 week injection lasts for 6 months, for me.

Gus,

If you are going to get another 16 week shot, I would cut out the Arimidex.

When on a Lupron vacation, T tends to recover slowly. I am wary of estrogen dominance during the recovery period. That's why I think TRT can be beneficial. With high T, E2 is less of a worry.

Arimidex is useful when E2 is elevated, but I don't trust that 58 pg/mL reading. You need a reliable number so that you can arrive at a safe Arimidex dose. You don't want to accidentally drift into osteopenia (or worse).

Here in Asheville, the LabCorp numbers I have been seeing these past 13 years have always made sense. Part of the LEF service is that you can always speak to a doctor. You need clarification of those results.

Best, -Patrick

Gus there is something wrong with the Tests--I would not stop G-Blood, will not hurt you, your PSA has dropped. Your T is out of sight. This is the problem with the 3 or 4 month shot. As it gets time for the next shot, the lupron, concentration is at a very low, amount, and IMO, dangerous, as it can allow T to rise, and PSA to follow. That is why I keep screaming about the Vantas Implant, that gives a steady flow, and is good for 15 months. My Urologist just exchanged me out. Had a new one implanted 3 weeks ago I use LabCorp, when in Florida Fishing, they do not go below, anything less than your reading--the lowest they go is, <0.1 what you got. John Hopkins would say you are undetectable. My local Hospital goes to 0.0x.

So my undetectables come back at less than 0.03--they use a more sensitive test than LabCorp. You may be as low as me. Matter of fact just did a blood draw today---tomorrow I get my next set of numbers. So I have been praying! Patrick and I agree to try to keep E2 at between 15-20, Preference is to be closer to 15, but to not go below, for bone strength maintenance.

Manage your Arimidex! In my case I manage E2 with DIM, as I have mentioned before.

Good Going on the PSA--do you think it was the Lupron, GB, or both?

Nalakrats

Nal,

I am not going to get another Lupron shot. I want to do a test of the supplements.

I am taking Gator Blood, Apple Peel Extract, Resveratrol, Pterostilbene, Curcumin, Thunder God Root, Vitamin D3, Metformin, Avodart, Cabergoline, and Arimidex. Nothing in this protocol lowers T so my T level should keep increasing. Right now T is 107 and PSA is <.01 I will retest in 3 months and if PSA is still <.01 good chance the supplements are working.

Gus

The Lupron would lower the T--My T is 17--because of the Lupron type medicine I take thru the Vantas Implant. Your T should be under 30 , better yet under 20, if you are taking Lupron. I do not know how it got that high. But your Avodart, would stop T going to DHT, and Arimidex, would prevent the DHT, from breaking down to E2[Estradiol]. So who knows, other than Patrick, I think suggested that you retest.

Nalakrats

Nal,

Dr. Friedman believes E2 is the cause and the real driver in PCa. Studies have shown than men with a low T to E2 ratio develop more aggressive PCa. So maybe my T of 107 and E2 of <2.5 is the reason my PSA is <.01. I take Vitamin K2 and Vitamin D3 which might stop bone loss from low E2.

Gus

I have already written on the mechanism that gets to E2. Pca cells have receptors for it. Why?---To kill you! See my report, on the Sloan Memorial Study done in 1978---Completely Ignored, buried, or I know better than you disease, that does not let this information to be recycled for today's Oncology.

Nalakrats

Why are you taking Cabergoline---off label it is for males to have multiple orgasms--I do not see it as anti Pca.

Nalakrats

Nal,

Dr. Strum believes PCa uses Prolactin as a back door survival mechanism

Gus

Got you---have read this somewhere

Nalakrats

You may also like...