Lots of Free Online Help for Mental Health Conditions

I found out from a GP the other day that Northumbria apparently has the best Mental Health resources online. I had a look and he's right. These resources are amazing and are available in all formats (written, hardcopy if you pay, audio, video).

Click on the link to see more: ntw.nhs.uk/pic/selfhelp/

Also, in the top right-hand corner where it says 'more options', there are audio guides for relaxation techniques.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

That's such good news and thank goodness for the helpful Drs.

I'm so pleased you've got one.

I suffer from depression and I think my eldest daughter has started too as well. I am going to click on the link and see if it can help.

Thank you very much for posting this info, much appreciated!

Take care and best wishes.

• Thank you for the tip. What a wonderful website they have . I'm not a native of the North although I live in Scotland now but I find it amazing that a sparsely populated area such as Northumbria can provide what appears to be a first class resource for those with mental problems.

Almost equally amazing is that the only motorway services in Britain that are halfway decent are Tebay services in Cumbria (M6 northbound) , and I would give second prize to Killington Lakes (southbound M6) in the same area .

Although I only suffer from one of the problems they have booklets on I have bought seven of the booklets to see how helpful I think they would be to some of the users of this forum. If they turn out to be half as good as I expect then someone in Northumbria deserves some civil recognition instead of the usual numpties who figure in the honours lists.

Olderal

• Hi Olderal,

I'm glad you've found them to be useful. I think you can also download free versions as booklets which means it is truly available for everyone, for a change. I think that some of the makers of the booklets have already been awarded with recognition as I saw that one of them (not sure which) one the BMA (British Medical Association) prize for outstanding service and information

You may also like...