Eliquis (Apixaban) and Vitamins?

Hello, my question is are there any vitamins i should avoid while on Eliquis (Apixaban)? Ive had to come off my contraceptive pill because ive had DVT and its recommended that i take vitamins such as the Bs and minerals such as magnesium and zync to regulate my hormones. I bought a ladies multivitamin but it says not to take while on blood thinners. Ive read Eliquis has no dietary restrictions, so does this mean i can take the multivitamin? Or atleast some Bs and Mag to help with hormones? Ive done some research but not much in the way of Eliquis has turned up.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Not sure.think apixaban is too new to have much research ?? Have you asked docs or pharmacist?

• If the patient leaflet makes no mention, suggest you contact the manufacturers and ask them directly.

• I am also trying to find the answer to this question, I brought a similar type of thing, but did not notice it say's not to use on blood thinners. I know vitamin k is a no no, as it green tea and grapefruit. Cannot find an answer from google no matter what I type in. Will ask GP next time I see him. I do take magnesium and not found anything wrong, so far.

You may also like...