Blood sugar problems with no diabetes or di... - Women's Health

Women's Health

31,561 members3,436 posts

Blood sugar problems with no diabetes or diagnoses nor Addisons Disease.

Gemmaniceee profile image


I have been struggling with blood sugar problems, from high (9.11) to low (3.2). I have an erratic pulse. I have slightly low blood pressure. I also get heart Palpitations, which give me the shakes. Which I sometimes get with the diabetes symptoms or Hyperglycaemia or Hypoglycaemia whatever it is. I get a burning sensation going through my arms, stomach and throat. I always feel out of breath, too hot or too cold ie whole body, sweaty clammy hands and feet etc. Though I’ve always had a sensitivity to the cold. I sometimes get tingling lips and dizzy spells, increased thirst at night and urination all the time, but worse on periods. My hormones are bad, I always get bad periods.

I have no appetite most of the time, apart from late evenings,

which led me to think it could be Addison's disease. I have Rhinitis and had hives two years ago, which I found out could be related to Addisons. I get dark skin in the winter and pale skin in the summer. l’ve had all the tests and they all come back normal. Though the test I had for Addisons had bubbles in the blood, but they said they spin it so wouldn’t be a problem. Also there’s rare cases where it doesn’t always show, so there’s other tests I can have. I have anxiety, depression and OCD. And have been told it’s psychological, but I’m confused, because I feel my mental health was way better before this all started two years ago. I would appreciate some feedback on this and if anyone else has been going through the same thing.

Thank you. 😊

5 Replies

Have you had your thyroid tested?

Gemmaniceee profile image
Gemmaniceee in reply to LMor

I was checked about 4 months ago, I might have it checked out again to make sure it’s not a route cause to any of these problems. 😊

LMor profile image
LMor in reply to Gemmaniceee

When you get them checked, make sure you get a copy of your results and ask for both Tsh, T4 and T3 checked along with vitamin D, B12 and other vitamins. It’s important to know what the doctors are calling ok results as a Tsh of above 3 can indicate issues. If possible as well ask for Thyroid antibodies to be checked. Good luck

wobblybee profile image

🤔 It’s probably a sensible idea to have a serious talk with your GP. Something is obviously causing physical symptoms, it may be tests are needed, or the cause may be rooted in anxiety and depression.

According to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA), you may be at increased risk for physical health problems if you have anxiety.

A 2015 studyTrusted Source of 989 adults found that anxiety symptoms were associated with ulcers. The same study also found that as anxiety and depression symptoms increased, it became more likely a person would have:


heart problems


vision problems

back problems

Research has further linked asthma and anxiety. A 2016 studyTrusted Source suggested that either asthma or anxiety can cause or result from the other.

ResearchTrusted Source has also suggested that anxiety is associated with an increased risk for heart disease, heart failure, and stroke, though it hasn’t been determined that anxiety is a specific risk factor for these conditions.

A 2017 studyTrusted Source of older adults found that anxiety was associated with heart disease. Having both anxiety and depression was linked to an increase in vision problems, stomach problems, and asthma, among other issues.

Because anxiety can have such a serious impact on health, it’s important to get help. Mild anxiety may go away on its own or after the event causing the anxiety is over, but chronic anxiety often persists and may get worse.

If you aren’t sure how to find a therapist, you can ask your primary care provider for a referral.

Therapist directories can also help you locate a therapist in your area. If you think you have anxiety, you can look for providers who specialize in anxiety treatment.

Thank you for all your advice, I think it would be advisable to see a therapist, and to be aware of the complications of Anxiety and depression. 😊

You may also like...