Hi everyone. I have Hashimoto's, so about 3 weeks ago I started on a gluten free diet (I've been tested and I'm not coeliac). All was going well until yesterday. Due to all the Christmas advertising, I had a yearning for some chocolate. On a couple of websites it was said that Cadbury's Giant Chocolate Buttons are gluten free, so I bought a bag of them and ate about 12 last night.
This morning I feel awful. Fuzzy head and wobbly (fuzzier and wobblier than usual hypo symptoms), and a strange sicky feeling in the tummy. And my morning "movement" was looser than it has been since going GF (sorry for the detail everyone!!!!!). Basically, I feel like I have a bad hangover.
Are these symptoms suggesting that the chocolate in fact might NOT have been gluten free? But it seems odd to have such a reaction after only being GF for such a short period of time.
Later today I'm off to buy some charcoal capsules, which I've heard are a good antidote to gluten "poisoning"