I was diagnosed (and taking 50 mg Levo') since approx' 14th June. TSH from that first blood test was 13.49 (0.30 - 3.94) and T4 was 10.3 (12.30 - 20.20).
I had my second blood test at the end of July and phoned the receptionist to ask for TSH and T4 result about a week ago. The TSH was 3.48 and she said there was nothing available for T4. (?) In a nutshell: all fine, and no action required. Irrespective of the 'no action required' I still made an appointment to see my GP because I still do not feel any different from my pre-diagnosis stage.
Would it be a bad call on my behalf to ask him to increase the Levo' slightly despite the results being 'normal'? Is it too soon, am I expecting too much and should I wait another 6 weeks?
Unfortunately, both my blood tests were done mid afternoon as nobody told me at the surgery about fluctuating TSH levels (but thanks to this site, I am at least better prepared for next time).
My biggest anxiety is work. I work in education and have had a disastrous academic year. I have had 2 failed observations and a failed marking scrutiny over the last year - this coming from somewhere I have worked for 6 years without anything being less than 'good to outstanding'. I am extremely worried that if I can't get my energy levels back, the Head will decide I am unfit for work. I wrote a long email to my union officer yesterday in the hope he can advise me on this particular matter (automated reply so he is on holiday), but I think the end result will be that I will argue on the grounds of 'reasonable adjustments need to be in place' and the Head will argue that "according to your GP your bloods are normal so..." I am getting married early next year (deposits for everything are in place) so even a drop in pay would prove disastrous.
Any words of wisdom?