Thyroid UK
90,726 members105,086 posts

Blood results - some advice required please

9 January 2018 - GP results

TSH 3.38 (0.3-4.2)

Ft4 12.2(9.0-23.0)

These results on 50mg levothyroxine and 75mgs alternAte days. My gp advises no further action

I took a private test through medichecks on 5 February and results as follows after self medicating with cynomel and Metavive from dr Peatfield

TSH 0.25 (0.27-4.2)

Ft4 14.1 (12-22)

Ft3 4.37 (3.10-6.8)

50/75mgs alternate days, 1/4 tablet of cynomel.

I am taking vit D, selenium, iron, folic acid plus tablets recommended by dr Peatfield, metavive x2 per day and adrenavive x2 per day

I have worked out that my ft4 and ft3 are 21% and 34% in range. Is this about right or should it be higher. Can you tell me if I should increase my T3 and reduce my T4 and by how much.

I do feel slightly overmedicated as I feel a bit breathless. I think my meds need tweaking but not sure by how much.

Thank you for your help.

3 Replies
oldestnewest

So why not simply switch to taking NDT

surely I would need a prescription of NDT and my doctor won’t prescribe the T3 medication. I managed to persuade a pharmacy in France to let me have some without a prescription as they couldn’t get hold of the T4. My GP wont prescribe T3 and is happy for me to continue with a TSH of 3.38, Endocrinologist is the same. Do you know where I can get this from. My results are only low with a suppressed TSH, I think due to the medicine from Dr Peatfield, because as soon as I stop this my results increase. Is Metavive, which is Porcine Thyroid Gland the same as NDT

Njrcw,

I'd wait a few months and see how you feel on T4+T3 before switching to NDT.

You aren't biochemically overmedicated as TSH is mildly below range, FT4 is low in range and FT3 is less than halfway through range. I would increase T3 to 12.5mcg, taking the first 6.25mcg with 50/75mcg T4 and the second 6.25mcg at bedtime. I'm not sure you need to continue taking Metavive now you are taking T3.

Write a post/question asking members to send you feedback via private messages where to source T3 or NDT without prescription.

You may also like...