Overcoming sleeping proplems

I've seen a lot of posts about being unable to sleep once on Carbimazole. This can be overcome. I've just started on 10mg daily of Neo mercazo, which is just another name for carbimazole in Australia. Yes, sleep was impossible the first few nights. I now take a Mega Magnesium Powder, which also contains Calcium, Vitamins C & B6 and Potassium in balance (just before I go to bed). I sleep like a log! My heartbeat has come down with Vit C ( Ascorbic Acid). Vitamin C aids the absorption of medication, & it also helps the heart. I am doing fine witout beta blockers. Hope this helps.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That is brilliant I must Google Mega magnesium powder see if I can get it here

• I am in Australia, & the brand name is "Ethical Nutrients", Mega Magnesium Powder.

• Thanks I'll give the powder a go

• I also use a Magnesium powder before bed mostly to combat Hashi's caused constipation but also part of my sleep aid regimen. I use Natural Vitality's "Natural Calm".

• Thanks I'll try the powder I take the magnesium capsule but they don't do anything for my sleep

• Mauds, I put two teaspoons of Calm in a cup of hot water with some liquid Stevia sweetener and drink it like a cup of tea around 9 pm. It's got a sour taste but the sweetener cuts it a little and I've gotten used to it. I don't mind it and miss it when I don't have it!

• I'll give it a go thanks

You may also like...