Gurgling Stomach

Good afternoon folks, just after some info as to what I can do to stop my stomach from gurgling. It goes on for most of the day, it's fine when I work from home but in the office I am getting some funny look as it is quite loud. I don't suffer from indigestion or flatulence, have cut out bread and am not feeling bloated. I have been reading on here about low stomach acid/high stomach acid and not sure what category I fall into, if either. I have had this problem for a few years, co-inciding with being diagnosed as underactive thyroid. I take 75 mcg T4 each day plus 10 mcg T3 ( recently upped from 5 mcg)but it has made no difference to my noisy tummy. Any advice appreciated

Skip

Featured Content

Living with a thyroid disease?

Connect with people like you to get support, advice and tips towards improving your health.

Get started

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I read that the thyroid and stomach digestion are related and that deficiencies are also linked. They recommended Selenium, zinc and B6/ 12, plus checking the ferritin for being low on iron. I also have to take a high probiotic daily which has done wonders.

• Thank you, I take 200mg Selenium every day, will try probiotic, on last testing B6/B12 were halfway in range.

• As you have Hashimoto's (high antibodies) are you on gluten free diet? Very many of us find it helps.

Have you got recent test results for vitamin D & ferritin?

A good dail probiotic may help. As can bone broth.

See The Thyroid Pharmacist website for masses of info on Hashimoto's & how gut function is often compromised

• Thanks SlowDragon, am attempting to cut out gluten as much as possible, I no longer eat bread .Latest vitamin D result was 77 ( range 50-250), B12=723 (range 191-663) Folate=13.9 (range 4.6-18.7)don't have a result for ferritin. I have recently been diagnosed with two consecutive bouts of Thrush , I assume it must be diet/thyroid related to as I am not sexually active. I have never suffered from this before :)

You may also like...