Vitamin advice??

Hello, just wondering if anyone could recommend what vitamins to take to help my thyroid. I am currently taking T3 & Levo, so was wondering what would help as well.

I am anorexic and don't currently take any vitamins or supplements and haven't done for a few years, so any help would be very welcome.

Could people also let me know what are the best brands to use & where to order from.

Thank you very, very much.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Before you supplement your doctor should test your B12, Vit D, iron, ferritin and folate.

Just in case you aren't aware. Blood tests for thyroid hormones should be the earliest possible , fasting (you can drink water) and allow 24 hour gap approx between your last dose of hormones and the test.

• Thank you, yes I totally messed up my last test and now have to save up for a while in order to have another one :( .

Can you recommend the best place to get my vitamins tested?

• Bellerin There are some general supplements that are helpful for us Hypos, then there are specific supplements which should only be taken if tested and found deficient.

TEST FOR:

Vit D

B12

Folate

Ferritin

OPTIONAL TESTING but don't supplement unless known to be deficient:

Iodine

Calcium

GENERAL SUPPLEMENTS:

Vit C

B Complex

Selenium (helps conversion of T4 to T3 and helps lower antibodies where Hashi's is present)

Mineral Complex (choose one that doesn't contain iron as it stops everything else from working, nor iodine nor calcium). If it contains selenium you won't need to supplement selenium unless the amount is very small.

Probiotics are good for gut health

Co-enzyme Q10 can be a good idea, supposed to help with fatigue amongst other things

Most people are low in magnesium

DECENT BRANDS:

Cytoplan (Nature's Own is same company)

Biocare

Lambert's (Nature's Best is same company)

Nutri Advanced

Doctors Best D3 is excellent

I like some NOW Foods products

Some you can get from Amazon, I also use Bodykind, Big Vits, Health Monthly, Lifestyle Labs, Cytoplan you can order direct, also Biocare, you need to compare prices.

• Thank you very much, I will have a look for these :)

You may also like...