T3 prescriptions in South Devon?

My doctor and endocrinologist in Torbay will not allow me to try t3, even though my chronic fatigue syndrome doctor wrote a letter to my doctor to say it's worth a try. I have been poorly on t4 only since my first child 28 years ago. Please could I have names of doctors or endocrinologist in south Devon, Devon, or south west that might be sympathic to t3 prescription. Thank you so much in advance

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sorry Mary I can't help but will follow your post as last week I saw an endo. in Derriford. She was clearly a T4 only prescriber. I've been on T3 only for a few years now and she almost screamed when she saw my prescription. So now I'm on T4 with just a little T3. Good luck Mary, let us know how it goes.x

• Mary76Mary76,

If your GP has refused to prescribe T3 on the recommendation of your CFS doctor why do you think GP will follow the recommendation of a private endocrinologist? A private endo may prescribe T3 but it is very expensive at £258+ for 28 x 20mcg tablets. It is cheaper to buy Greek, Turkish or Mexican T3 online and self-medicate.

Email louise.roberts@thyroiduk.org.uk if you want a list of member recommended endocrinologists and private doctors but do check that they prescribe T3 before you confirm a booking.

• Thank you so much for this advice, you have saved me a lot of energy and from a lot of stress. Extremely grateful to you.

You may also like...