CHANGING OVER FROM NATURE THROID TO ERFA

Hello You Guys,

I am wanting to change over to Erfa as I feel I had a better result with Erfa, but I have been on Nature Throid for about 2 and a half years now. I have gotten better but I feel I am not there fully like I was when I was on Erfa. Has anyone else experienced this? I am wanting to change over to Erfa and I see it's more expensive but I am going to do it.

My other question is when I change over will I feel an affect from it? I hope I don't go back to having symptoms again. Has anyone been through this?

Thank you you guys for any feed back you can give me. I love you guys!!!!

Debber

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Debber,

Erfa has 35mcg T4 and 8mcg T3 in 1 grain compared with NatureThroid 38mcg T4 and 9 mcg T3 so if you are taking 2-3 grains you may need a little extra Erfa.

• Hi Clutter,

So nice to talk with you again. I did not realize NT had more. What is the difference between Erfa and NT? You know, I was Erfa before they changed it from Canada and I was doing so well on it. But my doc that passed away said they changed it and she put me on the NT. I don't want to switch it up if it is the same. I am trying to educate myself before I do anything. Thank you so much Clutter!!! I am so excited too I am going to London June 13 in a few months. I cannot wait.

• Hi I hope you don't mind me asking but are Erfa and Nature throid animal based?

• Yes, from pigs.

• okay thanks I thought they might be so unfortunately this is not a route I am willing to follow since I am a vegetarian transitioning to vegan.

• Hi Dee, what do you take? Is it better to go vegan route?

• I have been on meat free/dairy free for 5 weeks now and so far so good with regards to IBS symptoms. I am being careful to ensure I am getting all of the valuable nutrients/minerals/vitamins and just want to give a vegan diet a fair go to see what the long term benefits will be.

You may also like...