Vitamin K2 : Hi, just wondering if it's still... - Thyroid UK

Thyroid UK
101,270 members β€’ 115,597 posts

Vitamin K2

Hi, just wondering if it's still worth taking Vit K2 even if I'm not supplementing Vit D? My Vit D levels are good at the moment and now spring is here (kind of!) I won't need to supplement until winter again but I don't know whether I need to keep taking the K2 as i don't know too much about it.

Thanks in advance

Nat x

10 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Are you actually IN THE SUN with bare legs, arms, back... and NO sunblock cream?

1 like

My vit D isn't an issue I was just wondering whether you only need K2 if you are supplementing Vit D or if it is a good stand alone Vitamin for us hashis sufferers?

I was responding to this part of your post -

"My Vit D levels are good at the moment and now spring is here (kind of!) I won't need to supplement until winter again."

Yes, I have just been tested and levels are good and from past experience I know that through spring/summer they will remain that way :-)

NatChap Some articles about K2 as a stand alone supplement, Hashi's isn't mentioned from what I can see

authoritynutrition.com/vita...

chriskresser.com/vitamin-k2...

articles.mercola.com/sites/...

Don't forget that it's recommended to test Vit D once or twice a year to see if levels are being maintained or not going too high.

thanks I'll have a read :-) I have just had my Vit D tested and I usually get it tested in Autumn too.

1 like

I take K2 but not on Vitamin D, I take it as there isn't much K2 in my diet.

1 like

Are you all having private testing done for vit d? Even when a gp or consultant requests vit d the labs have only tested me once after that just not doibf it saying "this has previously been done" V frustrating for all πŸ˜”

I have had it done privately and through my gp x

Thanks natchap, ive recently moved hse so hoping new labs will hve done the vit d bloods the gp has just requested. The endo has said i need more vit d but gp said no so i asked for more bloods. Round 1 ding ding πŸ˜‰

2 likes

You may also like...