Ferritin, folate, vit D and B12

I have Hashimoto diagnosed in 2014. Results for ferritin, folate, vit D and B12 below.

Ferritin - 108 (15 - 150) treated with iron infusion. Level has dropped 87 points over the past year. Haematologist has put me on iron tablets again

Folate - 4.3 (4.6 - 18.7)

Vitamin B12 - 149 (180 - 900)

Total 25 OH vitamin D - 49.3 (25 - 50 vitamin D deficiency. Supplementation is indicated) GP has put me back on vitamin D tablets

Any help with them would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Your doctor said nothing about your horribly deficient B12 and low folate?

I'd imagine you feel rather unwell with those being so low! Have you been tested for pernicious anaemia?

• No my GP has said nothing about the B12 or folate. I was tested for Intrinsic Factor antibodies but not sure when I will know about the results. I have symptoms like tiredness, brain fog, depression, pins and needles, joint aches but I have been told I am under medicated as well. Endo is not increasing dose.

• Oh dear. Your GP seems to know very little about the effects of being B12 deficient. Many of your symptoms will be due to it. See pernicious-anaemia-society.... and in particular, pernicious-anaemia-society....

I suggest you copy your post to this forum healthunlocked.com/pasoc where members will be able to advise what to say to your doctor to get further assistance.

You may also like...