B12 deficiency

Hi

After my b12 result came back from blue horizon at 179, I went to the GP who tested again it came back at 245 he considered this normal, but I had started supplementing.

I was not happy with his diagnosis as I have Hashis and suffered from migraines, and restless legs for years.

I searched Dr. Chandy and came across the B12 support group, I emailed the support group and received an email back saying that my GP should offer B12 injections.

I am going to use the protocol for treatment in the link below to see if they will offer me them and thought it might be useful for other members.

b12d.org/protocoltreatment

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Rosw,

This forum is very helpful for people with pernicious anaemia &/or B12 deficiency healthunlocked.com/pasoc

• It's recommended we also take vitamin B complex when supplementing vitamin B12. This would also improve your folate level.

Are you also taking selenium supplements. These may reduce antibodies.

• Hi SlowDragon, thank you for your reply.

I am taking B complex after previous advice, can this be taken at the same time as B12?

I have bought selenium but not taken it yet, because I have read mixed reviews.

The one I bought says Selenium(Sodium Selenite 45%) 220mcg and I am not sure if this is the correct one.

• Generally recommended to take B complex early in the day with breakfast

I take my B12 in divided doses through the day - 5 x 1000mcg

Lots on here take it just once as 5000mcg

Selenium - I take Solgar 200mcg (my gastroenterologist was keen I continue taking it)

• I have been taking 5000mcg. I like the idea of splitting the dose I will give that a go when I have finished my current supply.

• Try these b12 Solgar, Sublingual Methylcobalamin, 5000 mcg, 60 Nuggets these are active so your body doesn't need to convert! Increase my b12 loads

• I think your GP should be doing further testing to establish the cause of your low B12. Great information on the Pernicious Anaemia Society Forum here on HU. Take a look at their Pinned Posts.

You may also like...