Day 6 post thyroid lobectomy

Hello again,

Well it has been 6 days since my thyroid surgery and I am having mixed feelings/symptoms. The majority of hyper symptoms have gone, but now I am dealing with major ringing in the ears, brain fog, cold feet, and my body gets really warm. My a/c is on low and I am still hot. The internal tremors are still present, not as bad as before, but still annoying and every once in a while I actually get the external shakes and muscle twitches. The tingling/numb sensations in my hands/feet/face is still present, but not as often as before. Not sleeping too well, and I know sleep is when the healing happens, so I need to resolve that fast. My biopsy came back negative, so that's a relief.

I just wanted to vent a little, if anyone has any advice or feedback, please give it.

Last edited by

6 Replies

• DanteNXS,

Good news that the biopsy is benign.

Have you been prescribed Levothyroxine?

• Clutter,

I have not been prescribed anything yet, my ENT said that the remaining half should kick in without the need for meds. He said it might take a few weeks.

What are your thoughts?

• DanteNXS,

That's the theory. Hard to say whether you are having post-surgery malaise or whether its due to low thyroid, low calcium etc. Sorry, but I think you're going to have to hang in there for a couple of weeks at least before you can check levels.

• Yeah, my ENT said it might be rough for a while, so I will try and hang in there and hopefully things will go in a positive direction.

• Is there anything I can do in the meantime, to address some of these symptoms? :-(

• DanteNXS,

Only thing I can suggest for now is to rest, drink plenty of fluids and eat at regular intervals. If symptoms don't improve in a couple of weeks push for TSH, FT4, FT3, calcium, ferritin, vitamin D, B12 and folate to be tested to check they're optimal.

You may also like...