Antibodies Help

I've been struggling with symptoms since last July. Bloods show I have raised antibodies and ultrasound shows diffusely heterogeneous thyroid. & hashimotos in direct family. No treatment though as tsh & t4 in range. I feel so so poorly with hypo symptoms. I'm wrecked.

My question is, can anyone recommend a private endo who might treat/trial treatment based on anti-bodies? Am desperate.

Latest results:

TSH: 1.8 FT4 10.4 FT3 3.79

TPO >1000

TgA 431

Thank you!

13 Replies

• Sorry you are feeling so bad. You would do so with antibodies and if you email and ask for a copy of Dr Toft's Pulse Online article.

He was President of the British Thyroid Association. Highlight question 2 where he states that if antibodies are present we should be given levothyroxine. At least that would be a start.

• Thank you SO much that's brilliant.

• Ignore his last para on this section - it's rubbish and really shows what they think about us, poor souls.

• Thank you!

• Would love a private endo recommendation too!

• email who has a list.

• I've read here that a gluten free diet and selenium supplementation can reduce antibodies:

There is loads of great info in this site, well worth reading through posts.

• Thank you. I'm taking selenium. Negative for celiacs too.

• There is a lot of info on here about non-celiac gluten sensitivity. Only a small percentage of people who are sensitive to gluten actually have celiac disease. Here's some more info:

• Postpartummum,

It's highly unlikely that NHS will diagnose and treat hypothyroidism until TSH is over range or FT4 below range, and it is unlikely that a private endo will diagnose and treat while TSH is <3.0.

The best thing you can do is to go 100% gluten-free for a few months which may improve symptoms and reduce antibodies.

• I've been gluten free since the end of last September and take selenium daily. I have lost 24 lbs in that time. My anti bodies have reduced down to 127 from 211 in that time.

• Those Frees look awfully low, Have you got ranges for them?

• 9-25 (10.4) Ft4

3.1-6.8 (3.79) Ft3

Thank you.

Agreed they're low. They dropped from 16.8 to 10.4 between July & Sept and stayed there. Tsh won't budge from between 2.4 & 1.8

I'm 14 months postpartum now also.

Am going to try gluten free to see if it helps. Anything worth a go!

You may also like...