Vit results

Just had these results

Vit D 98

Folate 9.2

B12 500

Ferritin 57

Please remind me of the optimum level of these results and doses I might take hopefully to perhaps help the one really extreme "fluey " symptoms that ate ironing my life and making me house bound

Also has anyone found an Endo who has an answer to this problem

I am into my 12th week of T3 .For the first 8 weeks took 20 Mcg and after Endo visit and then he doubled it to 40mcg Could not tolerate that so at moment am trying 30 Mcg divided into 3 10 Mcg doses at 7am 11.30 am and 4.30 pm

Thank you to all for all the help this site provides

2 Replies

• Pig4u, vitD 98 is good but needs maintaining with 2,500iu D3 Oct-April when ultraviolet light is too low to stimulate vitD.

PA Society say B12 1,000 is optimal. Supplement 1,000mcg methylcobalamin sublingual lozenges, spray or patches and take a B Complex vitamin to keep the other B vits balanced. Folate is good.

Ferritin is optimal halfway through range and should generally be >100. Supplement Ferrous Fumarate 210mg and take each tablet with 500mg-1,000mg vitC to aid absorption and minimise constipation.

Try increasing T3 by 5mcg in a couple of weeks and by another 5mcg 2-3 weeks later.

• Thank you so much Clutter . I shall follow these recommendations and hope for better things !

You may also like...