The guidelines for posting here have been developed over the years with lots of thought and experience going into them. However, for whatever reasons, we see rather too many posts/replies which break some of them, probably most commonly guidline 23.
Please read and follow them.
Posting Guidelines for Thyroid UK Support Website
Thyroid UK is a group set up to support people who have diagnosed or undiagnosed thyroid disease and their friends, family, carers etc. The group is moderated by members of the Thyroid UK Admin Team who are volunteers or paid employees of Thyroid UK. thyroiduk.org
Content on this site does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.
Views expressed are those of individuals and not of Thyroid UK.
Thyroid UK cannot be held responsible for any discussions regarding self-treatment or the outcome of any such discussions.
Members of Thyroid UK must read these Guidelines which cover the whole of the site including the Posts and Messages.
Thyroid UK is an open site, this means that any 'open' Posts are 'searchable' via any internet search engine. If you would rather your content was not 'searchable', make sure to pick 'Community' BEFORE you click submit. If you go back and change it later, the Post may still be 'searchable'
Thyroid UK is the community of choice for the NHS Choices section on thyroid disease. Recent Open Questions and Posts will be seen here:
A small selection of recent open posts are also displayed on Thyroid UK's own website homepage - thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/index....
1. The Admin team reserves the right to delete any Post or Comment they judge inappropriate without notifying the author. The member may be informed of the reason the content was deleted and invited to rewrite it.
2. The Admin team reserves the right to make any member 'read only'. An explanation may be provided via the messages.
3. The Admin team reserves the right to remove a member from the register. An explanation may be provided.
4. The Admin team reserves the right to refuse membership to Thyroid UK.
5. Please report any abusive or inappropriate Posts, Comments or Messages.
6. All members should conduct themselves at all times with respect and honesty.
7. We want all members to be comfortable posting here. In order to ensure that, any Post, or Comment which causes alarm, harassment or distress to any person, whether or not intended by the poster, may be removed.
8. Please refrain from making derogatory comments about other HealthUnlocked groups, members or Admin of those groups.
9. People Posting and/or answering on the site should not be assumed to be health professionals.
10. Posts, Answers and Comments posted on the website should be designed to support, not replace, medical advice.
11. Members posting on Thyroid UK must only post information which is true and correct to their knowledge. If relevant, please provide references to health or medical information.
12. Do not breach copyright rules by placing documents onto Thyroid UK unless you have permission from the author of the document. You can, however, post excerpts with links to the full text of the document.
13. If you post a link, please at least explain briefly what people can expect to find if they follow the link. Links without such an introduction/explanation may be deleted.
14. If possible, show a clear distinction between personal experience or opinion and evidence-based information.
15. Where possible, link to information on the Thyroid UK website - thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/in...
16. Thyroid UK cannot be held responsible for the content of external websites.
17. Thyroid UK cannot be held responsible for the content of 'Private Messages' or the outcome of any action taken as a result of any such message. The messaging system is private and cannot be accessed by the Admin team.
18. If members choose to make contact via email, telephone or in person, Thyroid UK cannot be held responsible for the outcome.
19. Any Post or Comment considered to be advertising will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the Admin team.
20. Any Post or Comment which appears to be asking for money, except for fundraising for Thyroid UK, will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the Admin team.
21. Do not name and shame identifiable individuals, including other forum members and members of the Admin team. Names/comments will be edited and/or deleted at the discretion of the Admin team.
22. Do not solicit members to other websites or forums for your own purposes either via posts or the messages system.
23. Do not post advertisements, links or information of any sort whatsoever, on where or how to obtain UK prescription only medications without prescription.
24. Do not post offers to sell or give away your unwanted medications or over the counter supplements. Some people may have adverse reactions to the ingredients in these and you may be held responsible. Similarly, do not post requests for meds or over the counter supplements from others.
25. Do not post information about specific endocrinologists or doctors on the main board without their permission as this may result in unwanted attention from certain areas of the medical profession. If you wish to discuss a particular endocrinologist or doctor, you may mention his/her name and location, providing that you ask for comments by private message only.
26. Do not post links or website addresses in the subject field of Posts.
27. All content can be read, used, reproduced and cited by all for non-commercial purposes.
28. Thyroid UK reserves the right to update and/or amend these Guidelines at any time without notice.
Last updated: 13.04.15