Red blood cell distribut width 15.8 % 9.9 - 15.5%

Graph

Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) 77 fL 82 - 98fL

Graph

Mean corpusc. haemoglobin(MCH) 25.1 pg 27.3 - 32.6pg

Graph

Serum alkaline phosphatase 126 iu/L 35 - 104iu/L

Graph

This levels are all out of range - can anyone help with what they mean - I'm on T3 only. Low end of iron which I'm now supplementing

Thanks everyone - such a great supportive site 😄

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Most of those results are due to low iron. I'm not sure about the serum alkaline phosphate. I'll need to look it up :)

• Thanks Carolyn- I tried asking Gp but no response !! Not prescribed me any iron- can you suggest reasonable dose?

• I'm afraid I can't advise on dose but it is best to choose an easily absorbed form and take vitamin C at the same time as each dose. Taking a B vitamin complex once a day is also a good idea.

The serum alkaline phosphate isn't usually anything to worry about if it's mildly elevated and there are no other markers of liver problems but it's a good idea to get it checked again. Sometimes it can be elevated temporarily.

• Thank you

• Monika, scroll down to RBC for suggestions why RBC is large and MCV and MCH low.

labtestsonline.org/understa...

If you type ALP into the Labtests search box it should tell you what the test is for.

• I've only just seen these test results Monika and you may already know that large red blood cells are a classic sign of PA/B12 deficiency:

b12deficiency.info/b12-writ... (and an excellent film)

cmim.org/pdf2014/funcion.ph...

• ...sorry Polaris - I could not access the second link. May just be me :-)

• I hope this one works Marz :

cmim.org/pdf2014/funcion.ph...

• Not for me - perhaps its this end !

You may also like...