there may be light at the end of the tunnel!

I decided to change my doctors entirely, I had been unhappy with them for a while. My new doctors have actually tested my vitamin levels and found me to be extremely vitamin d and c deficient. They seemed surprised that this had never been looked at before. I am now on a high dose of vitamin d once a week and a smaller dose of vitamin d and c twice a day. My thyroid test did come back as "normal" but she has promised to review this once my vitamin levels are back under control. I really wish i had changed doctors sooner.

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hbkaneonite, I'm glad you're more confident with the new doctor. Please don't accept 'normal' as a result. It doesn't tell you anything other than your results are within a very broad range. It's useful to know where in the range your results are. Ask your GP receptionist or practice manager for a copy of your results with the lab ref ranges (the figures in brackets after your result) and post them in a new question for advice/comment.

If you care to post your vitD results and say how much vitD you are prescribed members will comment.

• I need to ask for my results next time i go, what if they say no?

• hbkaneonite, If GP receptionist says no ask the practice manager. Patients are entitled to their test results under the Data Protection Act. Practice is entitled to charge a nominal £1/£2 to cover costs of printer ink and paper. If refused, say you will make a formal subject access request. See info in link below.

ico.org.uk/for_the_public/t...

• Thank you x I've never asked for a copy of my results before, I didn't know until coming on here that i could even do that

• Hbkaneonite, come April we should be able to access our GP medical records and results online. I very much doubt it will roll out on time particularly as we will have to register for password access beforehand.

You may also like...