Are my bloods normal?

I was diagnosed with graves disease about 4 years ago. Since then I have been pregnant twice and my thyroid levels were normal during both pregnancies. Its been almost five months since i gave birth and i'm starting to feel symptoms of hypo. I demanded my results and an appointment with the dr today after being told over the phone yesterday that i didn't need to be seen for another four months. I am feeling terrible and frustrated. Can anyone tell me if this is normal? My TSH is 3.1 and my T4 is 7.7. Many thanks

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Danyell, do you have the lab reference range for FT4 (the figures in brackets after your results) and what dose of Carbimazole are you on, or when did you stop taking it?

• No i don't have the lab reference range. Would I be able to get these over the phone at my surgery? I am not taking any meds atm, i stopped taking carbimazole about a year ago. Thanks :)

• Danyell, try the receptionist but if she doesn't have them ring the pathology lab at the hospital which analysed your bloods.

TSH 3.1 is a little high, probably harder to cope with for someone previously hyperthyroid and used to a suppressed TSH. If your FT4 is below range you are hypothyroid and will need Levothyroxine.

• Thanks very much for your help, i'll get the full results in the morning and get back to you if okay? :)

• Ask for the ranges too as these are important as labs differ.

You may also like...