Hb-12 (27-32)

Platelets-269 (150-440)

ALT-28 (7-40)

Alk phos-48 (25-100)

Albumin-36 (35-45)

Creatine-60 (53-115)

TSH-9.53 (0.56-4.78)

Free T4-12.7 (0.8-1.8)

I have RA and hashimotos hypothyroidism, emphysema, asthma, possibly RA in lungs and fibromyalgia. I see my endocrinologist today and rheumatologist next week

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Orchidcass, TSH 9.53 is high which indicates you are very undermedicated. FT4 12.7 is usually lowish in range (I think you've posted the wrong ranges).

ESR is an inflammatory marker and I imagine it is elevated because of your high TSH, RA and other conditions.

• Lol T4 was only one I didn't have ranges for. I googled it and struggled to find definite ranges. Does anyone know what they should be?

• Orchidcass, the ranges vary across the country and from lab to lab so its better to leave off the range than to guess.

• what should it be?

• Orchidcass, There is no should be, the range is what it is. The ranges in my area are 9-19 and 10-19. Commonly seen ranges are 10-22 and 12-24 but I've also seen 7-17.

• OK so I'm OK on free t4 but not OK for tsh

• Well, bottom of the range isn't really ok. Generally people feel more well when it's at least half way up the range (and preferably towards the top).

• If your GP CANT/wont give you the ranges then contact the lab where the blood was sent. They will tell you. I understand that different machines are calibrated to different ranges and that is why you need to know the ranges of your lab. I recently had some tests done outside my usual area and got my results in a letter with no ranges. I rang the hospital and asked to speak to the haematology department or the pathology labs could have told me as well.

• OK thank you both for your responses x

You may also like...