Blood Test Results

I called in to the Doctors and requested a print out of the last blood test I had dated 20 Jan 2014.

Serum TSH level - (GB) borderline low Thyroid repeat in three months, 4.73mu/L 0.35 - 4.50 mu/L

Thyroid peroxide antibody level <28 u/ml 0 - 60 u/mL

Serum free T4 level 12.3 pmo/L 11 - 23 pmo/L Borderline hypothyroid pattern.

Regards

Chrissie

13 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Chrissie, are you on thyroid medicine? 4.73mu/L looks like borderline high not low..

• No not yet.

• Chrissie, elevated TSH with FT4 in normal range indicate subclinical (borderline) hypothyroidism. If that was your first thyroid test it is protocol to repeat the test in 3 months to rule out non-thyroidal illness like a bacterial or viral infection which can cause such results. Make sure to have your next blood draw early in the morning when TSH is highest.

• My next blood test is on Wednesday at 10am. In some ways I am hoping that something shows up, because feeling as I do for the last 6-7 months is really getting me down, and I do not know how much longer I can put up with feeling much longer. I can put up with physical pain, by this is just mental torture.

• insist on

ferritin

folate

B12

all being tested too

• not borderline at all

TSH is high and free T4 is low you are hypothyroid

without ferritin

folate

b12

also being done its not possible to know whether levothyroxine or t3 is best treatment

• Hi Just wondered why I feel awful in the mornings on getting up, and by mid day start feeling normal, with dips in mood for the rest of the day?. By the time I go to bed I am feeling quite well. Then it all starts again the next day.

• I don't have any answer to that, but that's exactly how I feel! Get up in the morning and feel awful. Have to drag myself out of bed and into the shower. In the evening I am buzzing and feel I have energy x

• That sounds like struggling adrenals.

• Had reflexology and adrenals were picked up. Any suggestions for how to improve them?

• Dépends how bad they are. But you should give them plenty of vitamin C, and don't skimp on the salt. Also, liquorice root is supposed to help them, but I haven't tried that myself. Try asking the question in a new post. I only really know about HC, but you might not need that.

• Thank you

• :)

You may also like...