Going to see a Practitioner regarding Integrated Holistic approach

Hi all,

Though I am battling on with Erfa I still feel there are many underlying issues that treatment for Hypo symptoms will not address so, I am going to see a Dr who has an integrated holistic approach to treatment. He has offered to look at any blood test results when I go to the appointment so, I was wondering what are the best ones to go for that cover all the hormonal/thyroid spectrum?

Where also would I get the tests done as I do not get the support of my GP for my condition?

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I would go to the main website of Thyroid UK where all the tests will be explained to you. I still think it is important you are well informed before you see any doctor - Holistic or otherwise....

• Thanks Marz

Can anyone direct me to where the information would be?

• thyroiduk.org/ Louise Warvill - Admin - has a list of Docs who are Thyroid friendly too.....

• I agree with Marz. A holistic doctor is not necessarily an expert on all things thyroid.

• Hi Both

I appreciate that he is not going to be an expert however, I am not getting joy via my GP and I dont believe that all has been revealed in terms of meeting with Dr P so, what to do? I know I just cannot go on like this, spotty bloated, uncomfortable fat, unhappy, cold, poor memory to name but a few things

• Do you have any results of your blood tests that you could post in a new one - don't forget the ranges. The most common underlying causes of feeling unwell are - Low B12 - Ferritin - Folate - VitD . If you have had them tested then again posting the results would be helpful.

Do you have Hashimotos ?

• Hi Marz

Dr P said I had Hypothyroidism which I guess could have been caused by Hashimotos but I dont know really.

Is there any way I can get these tests done independently in the next few days?

• Then you need all the tests above and also the anti-bodies Anti-TPO and Anti-Tg. I think I pointed you into the direction of the main Thyroid UK website above - where you will find the companies that do private testing .

I live in Crete so am only familiar with what is mentioned here on the forum....

Good luck....

• Is it just me who finds it slightly odd that the doctor is not proposing to do a panel of blood tests himself, as part of your consultation? And that he hasn't said what tests he would expect to be seeing?

• Humphrey, I too am surprised considering that another one that I have made enquiries about does just that. I am starting to feel uncertain that I am making the right choice - this one also charges the same for 40 mins what others charge for an hour. This Dr was recommended to me by someone - it is very expensive this quest for good health when you dont have the support of a GP

• It certainly is pricey: amen to that, sister.

Follow your gut ... (as Leroy Jethro Gibbs might say)

You may also like...