Anyone take Wellwoman vitamins?

Just wondering if anyone takes Wellwoman vitamins?

I bought some earlier as it listed all the things I thought I ought to be boosting as a hypothyroid woman, so I just thought I'd ask if anyone had any experience or thoughts about them?

They have vitamin D in them & I am already on prescribed vitamin D (800iu 2-3 times a day) but as I understand it it's quite hard to OD on D as it were so I figured if I stick to 2 of my prescribed tablets plus this then I'd be getting a good range of other stuff.

I was recently tested for b12, iron & folate too - I don't have a print out of the results yet but they were all within range albeit some at the lower end.

Looking forward to hearing what others think (this forum is great!)

X

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Pawnstarr, it is possible to OD on vitD but it's unlikely to happen if you're taking less than 8,000iu daily. I'm not familiar with WW vits so can't comment.

• Just checked the specific contents... The total would be 2400iu, as it contains 800iu the same as my tablets so should be ok - I am having my levels checked again in October so they'll soon tell me if it's too much I guess!

vitabiotics.com/wellwoman/p...

• Yes I take their over 50 ones now and have used them for some years. I did research them and they got good reviews. I think Dr Miriam Stoppard recommended them for PMS can't say it stopped it for me but I was probably hypo even then and NDT might have helped. I take 400iu Vit d3 a day - I became very deficient this year - and there is the same again in the vitamins but I don't think that is an excessive dose. Hope they help you.

• Less PMT would be a definite bonus for sure!!

• I use them. The reviews seemed good & i haven't noticed any problems with them.

• That's not exactly a high dose of vit D.

• I take them and find they are great and I feel really alive and active

• Didn't work for me i took them for years, i now take separate high strength bits as outlined in thyroiduk info

You may also like...