Any input welcome....Had T3 tested and it is 1.7 nmol/L - good or bad? thanks

It says that the lab range is 1.3 - 3.1 nmol/L on the sheet and I m 1.7. I am back on levo as thyroid gold wasn't really working for me or I was0nt taking enough of it?...My TSH was 6.1 this time......but just wondering is the 1.7 at all relevant and do i need more T3?

Thanks for any input by the way .

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Your TSH is way too high it should be below 1

your T3 is low but thats possibly due to low ferritin or folate as without these 2 being at least halfway up their ranges your body will have trouble utilising the thyroxine and converting it into the t3 your cells are screaming for

• Yeah am working on ferritin etc....but we are gonna check blood tests in a months time for this.

• why do you think you might not have been taking enough Thyroid Gold? By which I mean - how do you feel, rather than what do the test results say. And what dose were you advised to take?

• My TSH just went up higher on it is all. I am back trying a higher level of levo now.

• also was advised to take 300 once a day but I still felt rotten a month and a half later and tsh went up.....I was only using the thyroid gold and nothing else....

• Yes, your t3 is quite low. Do you feel unwell?

• yup.....my doc seems to think its fine but I dont....upping my levo and checking tsh in a months time however.

You may also like...