I was officially diagnosed with Hashimoto’s last week but I was diagnosed hypothyroid in May 2013.
I was thinking about stopping my thyroxine. The reasons for this are:
* The TSH went down on its own from 4.6 to 2.7. (0.27-4.2)
* The GP cannot feel for a nodule/goitre whenever I say I can feel one.
* I have been getting a few thyroid flares even on a dose of 125mcg.
* I’m worried the ACTH result will be affected by the thyroxine.
* I don’t feel any better on the thyroxine dose I am on.
* Some people have accused me of being a hypochondriac.
Blood test results are:
Anti-TPO – 84,000 (<34)
TSH: 0.69 (0.27-4.2)
TSH: 22 (0.27-4.2)
FT4: 10.9 (12-22)
Started on thyroxine on the following doses:
25mcg – 2 weeks
50mcg – 2 weeks
75mcg 3 months onwards
TSH: 4 (0.27-4.2)
Thyroxine moved up to 125mcg
TSH: 4.3 (0.27-4.2)
FT4: 15.3 (12-22)
FT3: 5.5 (3.1-6.8)
Thyroxine moved up to 150mcg
Anti-TPO: 41,000 (<34)
TSH: 4.6 (0.27-4.2)
FT4: 15.6 (12-22)
Thyroxine not increased.
I don’t want to stop my meds and I’ve been getting more symptoms lately, but I’ve been wronged so many times by my last practice that everything is making me feel I should give up. I’m also very surprised my TSH went down since I’ve been feeling so bad and I can’t even understand why my endo didn’t even examine my neck when the letter I had stated she would.