This is what has come back from my first Endo appointment.
- She has said I have Hashimoto's.
- She believes I could have Addison's Disease due to me losing weight despite eating normally and the presence of dark marks on my skin. My weight is now 48.6kg or 7 stone 9 pounds from 50kg or 7 stone 12 pounds.
She did a lying down/standing blood pressure test and that was fine, but she remarked I have low blood pressure with the diastolic number higher than the one lying down.
So she would like to do a short syacthen test within the next week or so. She did a urine test to check adrenals also.
- She suspects Coeliac and says the Coeliac autoimmune profile is not 100% accurate. The absolute gold standard is an endoscopy or bowel biopsy. I did chicken out of an endoscopy however and settled for another blood test.
- Thyroid function tests done last week from my GP have come back normal - but I feel awful!! I did request a printout of these but even though they printed the latest ones it did not include the thyroid function test done last week. Don't know why even though I asked for them.
- I have had another blood test done to check for Rheumatoid Factor but I have no red, hot, aching joints. Nan has "wear and tear" but her GP has not said it's osteo/rheumatoid arthritis. She is 72, what else could it be?
- I had a missed message from the hospital saying my appointment was cancelled. This message was left at 2:20 this afternoon but my appointment was at 3:30. I was on my way to the appointment when this message was left and when I went to the department's desk the receptionist said everything checked out fine and I could wait to be seen. What was that all about?
- My next appointment will be at Southmead so she has transferred me there and this will be within the next 3 months. Not sure if that's the normal waiting time but there it is.