Feedback on bloods please

TSH 0.17 (0.35-5.0)

B12 327 (130-800)

Serum folate 7.7 (4-20)

Serum ferritin 90 (12-50)

Still no t3

Through a private test I am low (I.e in need of) glutathione (no numbers as this is not an approved test) I had this done as glutathione is very necessary to convert t4 to t3 and to give me confirmation of what I suspected, I am not converting well. On the strength of this I have today ordered a ft3 test from a private lab (thank you thyroid uk).

4 Replies

• Glutathione also has something to do with the methylation process, so it's no surprise your B12 and folate are low. Some info here:

• Thank you so much hampster that's really interesting!

I hope others follow this link especially if , like me, they suspect they are not converting :-)

It never ceases to amaze me how helpful everyone is here. Its so nice to talk about these things without being labled a lazy hypochondriac.

If you're reading this it means ive finally managed to post a reply - its been a bit hit or miss (mostly miss) lately = brain fog

Thank you

• You're welcome :-) I'm going to put my hand up and say I understand very little of what they go on about on the Phoenix Rising website, but it's a must read for anyone with a CFS/ME type diagnosis. Our bodies are incredibly complicated machines (even if they are a bit knackered)!

• It is certainly informative. I don't have CFS or ME but have had a really bad crash this last month, and have just managed to change my gp because my old one wouldn't investigate why.

I don't know what I would have done without the support and info from here.

Knackered is putting it mildly lol

You may also like...