Could you give me a rough idea of how many calories the strength & flex podcasts use, please?

I am doing the Strength and Flex podcasts and am on week 2, really enjoying them. I have just discovered the app MyFitnessPal which is like a comprehensive food diary / nutrition value balanced against exercise done. It would really help if I knew how many calories each podcast burns so that I can incorporate this into my "Master-plan". I know it would be approximate because there are options and also I sometimes jog rather than walk in between exercises.

Thank you.

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Sozz,

Your weight, effort and duration of exercise all count towards working out the number of calories burned. I use the Calories per hour website which I've found to be quite accurate.

caloriesperhour.com/index_b...

This link takes you to the "Calories Burned Calculator" section. Just click on "Activity calculator". Enter the required information and search for "Calistenics light or moderate" in the A-Z activity list. I think calisthenics comes closest to the type of exercises in the Strength and Flex series.

Using this website, I work out that an 80kg person would burn 163 calories in 35mins doing podcast one.

Hope this helps

• Thank you, that's very helpful.

You may also like...