About - Strength & Flex | HealthUnlocked
Strength & Flex
About Strength & Flex
NHS Choices forum for the Strength and Flex community.
The perfect addition to any HealthUnlocked forum activity, supported by a team of runners and fitness volunteers shared between our sister forums Active 10, Couch to 5k, Bridge to 10k and Marathon and Race Support.
The forum supports the sharing of experiences at all levels, and makes use of fitness resources by the NHS as well as mainly freely available resources shared by our community. Of particular note are:
• NHS Choices Strength and Flex programme (5 weeks): podcasts, for beginners & continued S&F support for runners. https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/strength-and-flex-exercise-plan-week-by-week/
• NHS 12 Week Live-Well Fitness Plan (12 weeks): workouts and running activities, incorporates Couch to 5k (9 weeks), Strength and Flexibility Programme (5 weeks), 3 C25k+ podcasts (Stepping Stones, Speed, Stamina) and instructional pages. https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/exercise/12-week-fitness-plan/
Both are perfect for individuals starting a fitness journey and also are a great accompaniment to C25k or the post-C25k consolidation period!
Happy Working Out Everyone!
- Be kind, respectful, and understanding of one another
- Actively listen & have in mind that everyone deals with their own private challenges
- Post from your own experience
- "For me, this worked..." rather than "You should do this..."
- This is a space for peer to peer and emotional support
- The community does not replace the relationship or advice given by your healthcare professional
- Provide your sources of information
- Use well-known sources of information and add the URL to your reply or post
- No political content
- Let's focus on individual health experiences
- This community should not be used for commercial or personal promotion
- No selling, no fundraising, no spam