I'm 14 years old and think I have Raynaud's syndrome. I started having high levels of stress and anxiety when I was in 6th grade. In 7th grade I started having very cold hands and feet to the point I would almost cry. I'm in high school now and came across a senior girl who had it. I forgot how the convo came up between us but she told me her story and told me about Raynaud's. I searched up the condition and all of the symptoms matched up with mine. I would like some support with people that have had this for a while.

13 Replies

  • Hi, Best bet is to see your GP immediately!

  • I agree, there's medications you can try that can help

  • See your GP as soon as possible.

  • I have had this for about ten years. I have 25 mg of Sildenafil twice per day prescribed by my doctor, and this stops the pain and cold discomfort although ulceration continues to be a problem. There are no significant side effects, beyond a sense of having a warm face sometimes. Tell your doctor that Sildenafil works and is approved by NIACE and so can be prescribed on the NHS.

    Good luck !

  • My heart goes out to you Catherine. To be diagnosed with Raynaud's at such a young age.

    I hope you can get all the help you need and are able to get on with your studies

    I have just been diagnosed with Raynaud's, but I am 72 years old and I suppose I should consider myself lucky that I escaped so long.

    Take care and the very best of luck to you.


  • Thank you!

  • Raynauds can commonly happen during your teenage years. Both my daughters (14 and 19 - the 14 year old since the age of 3) suffer with it but manage it without medication. The most important thing is that you keep your core warm, many layers rather than 1 thick jumper. A hat and warm gloves are important too. With pe at school, the staff are accommodating because they allow them to wear jogging bottoms and extra layers and if they get cold they are allowed to go inside. if school is cold, they wear gloves in class. Keep away from Windows or draughty doors. There is medication available but a GP,is likely to recommend these measures as a first instance as in many cases this suffices. There are hand warmers that you can buy that will help. Tights under trousers and several pairs of socks are helpful. I would see your GP for a general assessment and advice but in the meantime these measures should help. good luck.

  • Thanks but what's a GP? I've never heard of it

  • Your GP is your family doctor. They are the first port of call and will assess your symptoms and advice you appropriately on management of symptoms

  • Thank you for the advice

  • Hope you get some answers, get on top and find improvement soon.

  • I've only had it for a year and have noticed an increase over that time. So I don't have a lengthy experience with the condition but I have also been diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called Scleroderma. But I am older than you and live in a cold climate so I can talk to you about the disease and how I deal.

  • what is Scleroderma

You may also like...