Hello Everyone. 🙏🙏
My mom is 53 years old and she got diagnosed with triple positive metastatic breast cancer spread to lungs, liver on 25th Feb 2018.
After her 3rd Chemo we had PET Scan yesterday and the results were pretty good. Her breast lump was around 3 X 2cm, which is no longer traceable in PET scan.
These are the other findings on PET scan -
* Both lungs show diffuse ground glass opacification and
multiple small nodules. The largest is in upper lobe
measure 1 cm. The others are sub centimeters.
* Left adrenal is bulky, It measures 1.6cm (previously 2 cm
* Previously documented hypermetabolic right breast
lesion, liver and lung nodules are not evident on the
present scan as compared to previous scan.
* Prominent tracer concentration noted in bilateral adrenal
gland, (no significant change in SUVmax of the left
adrenal gland with new right adrenal uptake as compared
to previous scan(before treatment)
We are very happy with the new scans after the treatment as it shows response to the treatment (Paclitaxel,
Since its stage 4 there are thing I am worried about.
Our doctor said we will continue with the rest of the 3 chemo sessions and scan again.
No surgery is needed, since the breast lump is gone.
However there are things I am worried about -
1) Diffuse ground glass opacification is this something to . be worried about?
2) Adrenal glans uptake? My oncologist said its nothing to worry as breast cancer dont spread over there.
Anyone with the same experience with adrenal glands?
Is this report good?
Can we think of NED?
Can the lung lump be shrinked any further? Oncologist said its dormant right now.
Any help will be really appreciated.
Stay strong everyone the journey is hard, but it made me and my family more appreciative of the life and people around us.