Quit today any advice?

Hi all, new here, well on this forum. Ive been on the site its self for years under the anxiety forum. Anyway ive quit smoking today. Had my last few fags this morning and since then when ever i feel like a fag i have a few puffs on my e cig. I have tried quiting before, years ago. The most being a week or two. I really want to do it this time and i am going to. Anyones advice welcome on your own stories xx

9 Replies

• Hi Dizzydona, welcome to quit support. Have a good nosy round and any questions just shout. we are all here to help and support each other. Keep with us and we will help you quit. No pressure everything is in your own time.

Have a look on the right of this page , you will find lots of hints. stories etc.

• Aup Dizzydona33, a big warm welcome to our quit support family :) :)

Dona, you have done the best thing in your life :) thats to QUIT SMOKING :) :) :) If you look to the right of your post, you will see ''Pinned Posts'' please have a look through there :) cos there's loads of help :) :) orrrrrrrrrr the Topics just below :) hmmm, now they will keep you occupied for a while eh :D :D

Dona, please write down the WHY's you want to quit :) and make some copies and stick them all around your house to remind you WHY your quitting :) :) and I am loving the fact that you REALLY DO WANT TO DO IT THIS TIME :) :) :)

When that mr flippin nic comes a calling, you just TELL him, that you WANT TO BE FREE :) :) and not a slave anymore :) NOPE, NOPE, Not One Puff Ever :) :)

Please, please stay with us Dona and we will try to help you all the way through your quit journey :) cos we all know what your going through :)

Pete :)

• Hi Dona and welcome to our quit family😊

Well done for making the best decision you can for your future health👍🏼 As you already know, it's not easy but lots of help available here. We have all been where you are now and we really do understand🚭

Our lovely admin have given you great advice already, so I'll just say please drink lots of water to flush out the toxins. The breathing techniques under pinned posts are very helpful and also stay close to this site coz it makes a big difference😊

Good luck on your quit journey🍀 You can do it😊

NOPE not one puff ever🚭

• Well done dizzydonna, just take one day at a time, stay close to this site and shout out if you need help, you can do it. We all know what you are going through. I have tried several times, but never got past 3 weeks. Determination is the key, and you got it. I had an nhs calender which showed the benefits of each day you haven't smoked. I also enjoyed tearing each day off. It got me through the first 4 weeks, and the support from these lovely people . Stay strong xx

• didnt know there was an anxiety site but if you have that under control then it will be a smoother ride for you. I tried once made it 3 months, then a physical torment took me back but I will try again and I did cut down alot and I hold more than I smoke. I tried e-cigs and they burnt my lower lip maybe I wasnt using it properly there are no directions lol. Keep doing your best that is all anyone can ask of you.

• Hey Ddona,

Ya anxiety can be so crippling ....But you made a life changing decision to give up cigarettes👍🏻👏👏👏👏👏 I had an emotional crutch on them ... Mine was more depression after my soulmate passed away tragically... I lost hope and gave up on myself ... Thank God for this site... Keep your reason close why you need to stop... I keep the site real close !! xxxx

• Its been a big struggle. Emotions was all over the place, moods swings have been vile. Im refusing to give in, im not giving in no way. Ive decided to vaper more, im on a 12 nicotine. Ive been told i need an 18 but im staying on the 12. I dont want to stay on the vaper for ages but rather the go totally cold turkey im on vaper. Its very hard but like i say im not giving in.

Thank you all for your comments/advice i will for sure look at the pinned posts xx

• Hi Dona! I am sure this time it will be easier! Because this time you have this group's support. They have given me the strength to last 1 week without smoking. I am sure you will benefit too. I wish you all the best in this healthy decision! Just remember! Not 1 puff!

• Hi Dona,

Just take it one day at a time and keep yourself busy. The first week will be the hardest and then it gets better.

You may also like...