PSP Association
5,710 members7,807 posts

Fear the end is nearing

Hi to all you lovely people. I haven't posted for a while but still reading the posts. Mum has declined dramatically. She had a nasty fall 5 weeks ago and needed surgery to repair a completely shattered arm. She has been in hospital ever since😢 is now NBM and not eaten for 5 days. They are going to attempt to fit the PEG feed tube today but are concerned about her pulling it out. She's so weak and frail. I fear she is finally giving into this vile disease. I pray that she won't suffer much longer but I am not ready to let her go💔😢 sending you all much love❤❤

11 Replies
oldestnewest

So sorry to read your post. A very difficult time and I have no words to ease your pain. I shall be thinking of your mum and you. Hugs Jxx

Hello Careenh

I'm sorry you and your Mum are facing this now.

I hope she is able to slip away quietly and find peace when she is ready.

I expect your quite exhausted. Do take care of yourself too.

Sad warm wishes to you both.

Kevin

Thinking of you at this painful time.

Big hug, from Jean xx

1 like

Love and hugs to you both xxx

Thinking of you and sending you lots of love and strength x

1 like

I don´t have words to support you at this difficult time. Just let her know how much you love her. Hugs, Patty

Careenh I am so sorry to hear about your Mum. It doesn't sound good does it? There again she might get her strength back if she has a PEG? I hope she is strong enough for the operation although it's not a big one.

Maybe she has had enough Careenh? I will say a prayer for you both and hope all goes well.

Love from

Marie x

1 like

Dear Careen;

I'm so sorry that you are at this (even more) anxious stage with your mum. Life for her sounds like it's been miserable for a while..:-(

Had she wanted a PEG? Was it her choice? I hope so, if the medical folk are going to do it.. You never know, some people are incredibly strong and they rally..but whatever happens, I hope her suffering stops.

Hugs to you for this heart-wrenching time XXX

Anne G.

1 like

A big hug.

Luis

Thinking of you during this very difficult time.

Big hugs xx

You may also like...