Excellent appointment with the rheumatologist. - PMRGCAuk

PMRGCAuk
11,008 members20,016 posts

Excellent appointment with the rheumatologist.

Jampad
Jampad

I saw the consultant rheumatologist today and she couldn`t have been nicer or more helpful. She said I`m doing very well and to keep doing exactly what I`m doing now. She is happy that I`m using the dead slow taper and said that is what she advises her patients to do if they have problems lowering their dose of steroids. She said steroid-induced diabetes should go away as I reduce further. She didn`t have a problem with the fact that I couldn`t take Alendronic Acid because it somehow freaked me out. She has ordered a dexa scan and said we`ll take it from there. All my blood tests came back normal. I have posted so many problems here looking for advice, so thought I would post some good news at last.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

That’s fantastic! Where is she in case anyone in your area is in need of a good rheumatologist?

Jampad
Jampad
in reply to suzy1959

Her name is Dr. Bracelwell and she is at Sunderland Royal Hospital in the north east of England.

Boss302Fan
Boss302Fan
in reply to Jampad

Do you think she’d be willing to also set up a practice in the USA? More specifically Maryland, about 30 minutes north of Baltimore?😁

PMRpro
PMRproModerator
in reply to suzy1959

There is a concentration of very good people in the NE - QE at Gateshead is also very very good.

jinasc
jinasc
in reply to PMRpro

Guess who she knows!!!

PMRpro
PMRproModerator
in reply to jinasc

I can't imagine ;)

So glad for you! And it is so refreshing to hear of a rheumy who is on-board and knows their stuff, especially in the midst of so many stories to the contrary.

🦄🌈

DorsetLady
DorsetLadyPMRGCAuk volunteer

Sensible lady! Hopefully you’ll find that VitD/Calcium supplement is enough for bones - no A.A.

True. Be nice to know her position on Vit. K2 and dosage.

Good news you have found a sensible rheumie, give her a medal.

Hidden
HiddenModerator

Fantastic. It makes so uch difference when you feel you are working with someone.

Sounds like mine! It’s great when the doctor gives you some credit. You’ll do well.

It makes such a difference doesn’t it when you can work with your Rheumatologist!! 😀

You may also like...