PMRGCAuk
8,965 members β€’ 15,432 posts

Getting Sick and tired of PMR and other Stuff!

Its Mothers Day! My bouquet of Roses is a Flare, and I'm getting pretty frustrated with this whole PMR business, (and other stuff)!!

Newest diagnosis for the pain I'm having in my lower back, is stenosis and stuff. Pain is chronic and 24-7 , (unless I dose with pain pills). Surgery is around the corner, and I'm actually looking forward to it! Oh, and the toe I fractured last October, now needs surgery to repair the damage caused by my bare-footed encounter with cast iron wine rack! (Which now resides in low status location of garage.) and while I'm at it...the wisdom tooth extraction of a couple weeks ago is healing well...but I have chronic headache as a result of the swelling and trauma of the whole experience.

As for my Dragon buddy (PMR), she's sitting on top of me, poking my muscles at random and making most of my days and nights, pretty miserable. I have fiddled with my pred dose, bumping up from 2.5 last winter, to 7, and still needing to go higher I think. Arrrrrggg!!! I was hoping to be off pred this summer!

My PMR journey started in summer 2013, after first spinal stenosis surgery and knee replacement. I expect the upcoming surgery to ease back and foot pain, and to leave me with yet another extension of my PMR.

So, today, my bouquet of mother's day flowers is a raise of pred to 10 mg! I hope your bouquet's are prettier!

Happy Mother's Day! Jerri

PMR diagnosed 2013

17 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

We have new snow in sight and the cold front crossing the Alps is making me feel as if one of Hannibal's elephants has dropped off to sit on me!!

This too shall pass :) and a happy Mother's Day to you too xxx

2 likes

We have 75* sunshine and glorious spring weather. Sorry about Hannibal, does he want my Gorilla? (Cheap and no shipping charges)

πŸ™πŸ½πŸ’œJ

2 likes

They might make a nice pair ...

1 like

We have Sasquatch also...maybe he could come too!πŸ€“

1 like

WHO?

1 like

Oh HIM!!!

1 like

😁😁😁 BigFoot! big hairy manbeast roaming Pacific Northwest old- growth forest! (In US).... Stuff of which many stories are told, and much ado about naught...but fun! Google himπŸ‘£

1 like

I got there just before you replied ...

1 like

Yeti to us Brits!

1 like

Would be the same!😁

1 like

I don't even know which to go to ...it's not even coming in 3s! The one that really made me cringe was the foot/toe. OUCH!

Happy mother's day. Your pressie might be a highlight! 🌻

1 like

Thanks for the thought! The toe is nasty..cant wear shoes, (sandals only)

Happy Mums day!

1 like

How about treating yourself to some chiropractic? Your muscles sound like they’re having a tantrum and need someone to firmly put them in their place.

In the meantime 🍷 Cheers, if you can’t beat β€˜em, join β€˜em! Feel better soon x

2 likes

I love my Chiro...he has kept me going through all this...also my acupuncturist/massuse . Wonderful, all!

Cheers. j

2 likes

Wishing you the blessed relief that Pred can bring and sending you a hug! πŸ’›πŸ§‘

1 like

πŸ’œπŸ™πŸ½πŸ’œ

1 like

Reading all this a day late and enjoying the awwww and chuckles it elicited. Twas a great read. Empathy and good wishes for better days!

1 like

You may also like...