PMRGCAuk
6,902 members10,880 posts

This doesn't seem right!

I last wrote about a reduction in my prednisone ordered by my doctor. She wanted me to tapper from tenmg to 5mg. I was new to the group and had been reading the posts for about a month at that time and had learned a lot!

You as, a group stepped up and advised No Way! Find a rheumatologist!

I requested a referral and this past week I met with her. She spent nearly two hours with me examining, questioning, explaining, giving exercise suggestions, diet etc. I was sent home with a review of our meeting, exercises, future steps, information about PMR/GCA and on and on (20 pages worth!)

She ordered a bone scan and an exam for detached retina. Have had flashes recently. I will see her again in June.

This is a thank you to the group for being all that you are!

11 Replies
oldestnewest

That’s fabulous AltonBay. Well done for taking charge of your illness. Stick with us.

3 likes

Yes, they are all so helpful and you learn and, as always, knowledge is power.

4 likes

WOW! Sounds like you found a "good" one!!!!!!

2 likes

Wow 2 hours, that's great. I have never got more than 10 minutes at a time with my rheumatologist even on the first visit when I was diagnosed with GCA and PMR. You have got a good one there. Good luck AltonBay!

2 likes

Hang onto her!!

2 likes

Hi AltonBay,

That is so good that you found a rheumie you can trust. Good on ya!

My 10 min dr visit is about all i need bcuz of what i have learned here. We get to the point quickly and understand one another.

Thank you all!!

4 likes

clone her!

2 likes

And what dose of pred?

1 like

Now at 10mg, will go to 9 after eye exam.

1 like

Which sounds FAR more realistic. I do hope your GP takes the learning experience seriously...

Good for you! Sounds like you found a good one!, wow, 2 hours with the rheumatologist! I was diagnosed with GCA over the phone and upped to 40 mg pred, (over the phone, )after an initial appointment diagnosing GCA/PMR. No tests other than sed rate, CPR.

Still searching for a good rheumy.

2 likes

You may also like...