was wondering if anyone taking ursodiol exp... - PBC Foundation

PBC Foundation
7,594 members6,459 posts

was wondering if anyone taking ursodiol experienced constapation issues

been on this med for a yr..never had constapation issues in my life becoming a cronic issue and yes have spoken to dr

16 Replies
oldestnewest

Yes i have a similiar problem but i find a high fibre diet helps a lot and drinking lots of water

Hi Oreo2016, yes its a problem at anytime - you must try changing your diet a bit but if all else fails my doctor gave me a very large bottle of Duphalac Lactulose solution. She said take it for a few days and clear yourself out when necessary. I sometimes have to resort to that, its very gentle. But, now I have started fermenting my own sourkraut and there is nothing like cabbage to sort you out!Hope this helps - Kandiepat

1 like

Sauerkraut is great for probiotics to maintain good gut bacteria. So is miso, kim chee, yogurt with live cultures & Kombucha. I brew my own kombucha & 💜 It.

i like cabbage bit it doesnt like me lol

Yes to the constipation i take a natural stool softener when it happens

i have to take stool softner everyday now

Hi oreo2016,

I’ve been on Urso for 14 years and have had long term constipation. It took a long time for me to find out it could be related to the urso. I tried lactulose etc but couldn’t find the balance between no effect or too effective!! I started taking a daily probiotic this year and lo and behold, I am now regular again. So glad I found them. Maybe something to consider. Good luck!

1 like

what r u taking if u dont mind me asking

Hi, not at all, it’s by Nu U and called Bio-Cultures Complex - got it from Amazon.

1 like

but u did before u started that rt?

1 like

was taking milk of magnisa but it wouldn't work for me then went to colace which did work but it took awhile my dr said to take colace 2× a day dor preventing constipation in the beginning takeing ursodiol i was find but couple months into taking it i started with the constipation problem becoming a cronic problem now

thank u im gonna try that

Yes.In a few months your body will accept urso better and this will go away.I take urso 6 months now.The first 2-3 ware with constipation but i tooked Detralex also

ive been on it almost a yr

I had the exact opposite. Was always constipated until I went on Urso then was in the bathroom a lot!

better than being constipated lol

You may also like...